Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Wind River Mission Camp - Day 3



"New Everyday! White water rafting is not something that I have ever done, but Thursday we, the mission campers, rafted on the Wind River below the Boysen Reservoir for several hours in the morning. The river, I was assured was not as deep, wild and wooly as two weeks before when several fell into the river because of the waves in the rapids, had it challenges for me. Being my first time, I was not so sure about getting wet or having to swim if we tipped over. Nice to get the ripe old age of 64 and have an uncomfortable experience. The kids really enjoyed it, and our guide Candace was a hoot. We ended by splashing the other rafts and, of course, some kids just had to fall in and swim. Great experience." (I believe Russ Murphy from Buffalo)










A visit to Sacajawea Grave site.





Making a labrynth at St. Andrews as a part of the Leadership and Mission Camp 2009




















Kara Murray - youth participant from Ft. Washakie


No comments:

Post a Comment