Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Big Horn Blast - 2009












The kids have been rock climbing with Kenny Gasch, (Jackson Hole Mountain Guides) from Christ Church, Cody, and River Rafting with Wyoming River Trips, Rick and Dave Blanchard of Christ Church.















Ally. I like doing those intense activities that build relationships by doing things that involve working together. I saw God in the formations of the earth along the river.

Bethany I can’t really pick. It’s been a blast…the rafting, the horses, going around town. I saw God in everything we did today…and I mostly just saw Him in all of you.

Dylan I love the water, and it was a blast. I saw God when I was sitting on the stairs, playing my guitar and looking at that great scene of Heart Mtn. Today was different from yesterday, and my appreciation of people who are honest and open with you…freedom to be me if I want to be me. I may never see you again, and the embarrassing things won’t be spread!

Echo I loved to see how close they got…the baby colt. I saw God in how much fun we had today and how much beauty we got to see.

Ian The rafting…it was calming…being threatened to be pushed overboard! I saw God probably in the calm points of rafting and right before I hit the water. I believe people are afraid to be hurt by what others might say, but this is a small group…no way to seclude yourself. I’ve been very busy with music. Camp is relaxing, fun, not hassling in any way…nothing to learn, to do…socialize at this camp. A lot to learn spiritually, not boring stuff like theory.

Jess Seeing God’s for a lot of folks is a tough thing…more not so much being unable to see Him, but being occupied. I remember one incident today…a special moment for me. We began returning. The chatter was wonderful and sharing the rafting trip..it was fun to watch. Then everybody crashed!

Jessica I think all of it too. I enjoyed the whole, entire day. I didn’t get splashed as much as everybody else did. Watching the horses play was fun, too. I saw God through the horses and the newborn and when we were rafting, in the animals and the deer.

Juli The rafting was really fun, especially the water fight when Ally and Sam S got splashed. The horses actually getting up close and personal. Last year we had to squint to see them. I saw God today in the horses..in their designs…how He made them…how they made their groups. Like Ian, I’ve been on the go all summer, and I don’t really know what home is like this summer. This camp… it’s a slowdown. The schedule’s done for you. Being with friends. Being here it is like being like everyone else, not excluded.

Marissa My favorite part was the horses walking up to us. I thought that was really cool. I just enjoyed hanging out with all of you guys a lot. I saw God in most parts of the day. There wasn’t a time when I didn’t see Him working.

Marshall I had fun walking through town. All of our crew had a blast. I saw God in each and every place today. When done ofnthe river, one of our guides pointed out how Heart Mountain looks like the face of a man, and then I could stop and see God’s work in nature and the world. It’s a place of comfort and feeling safe here. To answer about change…I’m looking of it as a whole for the staff for the summer. We’ve been through a lot. We’re winding down to the end. We stuck it out. We’re still strong and pushing…we know we can trust. Someone’s got your back and you’ve got theirs.

Pam I guess I didn’t have a specific high point. I just liked being outside all day. I saw God in the sunset today.

Pat I liked seeing the horses up close and how peaceful they were. The second high point was tonight’s sunset. In 2 places…in you guys your laughter and actions…in your stillness with the horses. You were mesmerized, fixated on the horses.

Sammy S. The day flew by today. I think it was an even toss up with the rafting and the horses. I saw God in the beauty of the nature in the river …how it forms the land. Then out to the horses, changing from the river to the desert. The staff. Building relationships together. We’ve had a good summer. It can happen for the campers, too. This week. My attitude kind of changed. Kind of a rough start with driving up here. It’s turned out to be good.

Samantha I enjoyed the river rafting trip. The splashing, though I didn’t think I’d get that wet, but I did. I went in, too! And I enjoyed the horses. Last year they weren’t that close. This year you could see the designs on their bodies. Walking around town was good, too. I saw God in the sunset and how the light was coming down from the clouds. I feel that I’ve gotten closer to God. Last couple years I’ve tried, and I feel strong this year. I feel the Spirit. It’s awesome…

Tine The river trip this morning was amazing. We had a lot of time to sit and float, seeing the animals. Reflecting on the summer, what other camp can you experience what we have here? I saw God today by being able to go out and see the world He created.

Tyler It had to be jumping into the river. I saw God in the sounds and the smells. I like seeing everything different. Everyone He’s in the sulphur’s mouth at the river. At first you just don’t like that smell, but then it warms up on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment