Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 5 of Wyoming Wilderness Middler I & II Camp 2009

Today is the last full day for the campers. Everybody is buzzing around and having a good time. As I listen to the campers I do not hear any reports of being homesick. My family arrived late yesterday and during the Morning Watch the two older girls along with Kellie decided that they wanted to go on the half day nature hike. That means that I would stay back at the main camp and watch my youngest child. With that in mind I hung out at the swimming hole for most of the morning.


The campers are one tough group of people. They jumped into the water and swam about. Now, the spring run off is still taking place and so the water is really cold. The campers lasted about 30 minutes before they got out and sunned themselves on the rocks. Every so often you would hear somebody yell, 'IT COLD!" as they would swim from the floating platform to the rocks on the side of the swimming hole. They would then look at the water with dread as they knew they had to swim back over to the floating platform to climb out of the swimming hole. Enjoy the pictures.


Looking at jumping back in with fear and caution!

No comments:

Post a Comment