Wednesday, August 19, 2009

2nd Boys and Girls Club Camp - 2009



This was the second camp at WWC for the Boy's and Girl's Clubs. We had 9 young people and one adult from the Douglas and Glenrock Clubs. As you can see from the photos, the kids had a great time. The kids were able to raise some money themselves, but were also supported from Mustard Seed money from St. Francis in Wright. - Pat Walsh

Bethany Boyd - "Wyoming Wilderness Camp is Wild! Kids lives were changed at WWC this past summer. Walking out the cabin door each morning, we saw a new day where everything is possible and kids could be themselves. Why is that important? Many of the campers come to this beautiful place, not knowing what to expect. Some are weighed down by life, even at this early age. But they are able to shed their problems and fears, and live in the “now” of trees and mountains and peace found at our camp. Friendships are made, confidence is built, and goals are achieved in Godʼs creation. Campers can come with eyes looking down and leave with smiles and memories of fun.

This past week we had the privilege of hosting our second Boys and Girls Club camp. I had the opportunity to interview each camper and the volunteer supervisor for the Club."

The following are quotes about the campersʼ experiences at Wyoming Wilderness Camp:

Becky (Volunteer Supervisor from Douglas)---No girls want to leave; they had a great time.

Lexi (Douglas)---It was fun, and I want to come again. I really donʼt want to leave. My most memorable moment was when I jumped in the swimming hole.

Grace (Douglas)---My most memorable moment was swimming and listening to Steve talk about Smokey Bear.

Taner (Douglas)---My most memorable moment was swimming and the view at the outdoor chapel.

Kara (Glenrock)---Camp was good. My favorite was the outdoor chapel.

Cierra (Douglas)---My favorite was just everything. I love everything about this camp.

Cloe (Glenrock)---My favorite was everything.

Jonah (Douglas)---My favorite was swimming and roasting marshmallows.


George (Douglas)---My favorite was roasting marshmallows.

Brook (Torrington)---My favorite was the swimming hole.

This younger group made excellent progress in the Leadership Camp, and went back into their communities with new skills and confidence. It was fun to participate with them in this great experience.










1 comment:

  1. Great work -- glad we are branching out to do things for all kids in Wyoming.

    ReplyDelete